Have questions? See our answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below!
Look below for answers to frequently asked questions about our trips, about the volunteering experience, about travel insurance, and more. If your question is not answered here, then please contact us and we’ll respond personally and promptly!
Click the expandable links below for answers to frequently asked questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- People who want to conserve natural or cultural resources
- Advocates for Special Places
- Hikers who want to 'Give back' by repairing trails
- People who enjoy the sense of accomplishment from working on an important project
- People interested in working with locals to better understand the local culture
- Travelers who want to focus on the destination, not the travel arrangements
- Birdwatchers excited to see new birds in other areas
- Outdoor enthusiasts
- Adventurers looking for fun
In addition to the mandatory medical and evacuation insurance, many volunteers also buy other travel insurance, which covers things like trip interruption or lost baggage. Since we don't make specific company recommendations, we leave your choice of company and other travel insurance strictly up to you.
Generally, you can claim a charitable contribution deduction for travel expenses necessarily incurred while you are away from home performing services for a charitable organization….The deduction for travel expenses will not be denied simply because you enjoy providing services to the charitable organization. Even if you enjoy the trip, you can take a charitable contribution deduction for your travel expenses if you are on duty in a genuine and substantial sense throughout the trip.
Conservation Volunteers International Program is a 501 (c)(3) qualified charitable organization. We try to structure our trips to ensure that participants are given the opportunity to contribute in a genuine and substantial sense throughout the trip. Please see your tax advisor to confirm the appropriate tax treatment for your trip expenses.
Management and Responsibilities Disclosure
The responsibility of Conservation Volunteers International Program, Inc., a California non-profit corporation, 501(c)(3), is strictly limited; Volunteer Project participant agrees that maximum liquidated damages shall not exceed the Volunteer Project price. ConservationVIP® is responsible only in the capacity for making arrangements for the Volunteer Project services offered, including hotels, transportation (whether by motorcoach, boat, train, airplane or any other means), guides, porterage, and meals from various suppliers (collectively Suppliers). The itineraries shown are subject to revisions, including substitution of hotels, activities and routes. If a service is not provided, and ConservationVIP® is unable to substitute a service of similar value, ConservationVIP’s liability shall not exceed the actual cost of the services not provided. ConservationVIP® does not own or operate any of these Suppliers. The Suppliers are not agents, servants, employees or joint ventures of ConservationVIP®, but are Independent Contractors providing travel services to ConservationVIP®.
Questions about Transfers from REI Adventures
- Select the trip you were signed up for and click the RESERVE MY TRIP button.
- Fill out the simple form with all pertinent information that is requested.
- We will then follow up with you as soon as we can. We appreciate your patience as you wait to get a response from us. Our group of Volunteers is responding as quickly as possible.
- If you have additional questions or need more information, please call the number just below the Reserve My Trip Button.
Have a different question?
Send an email and we’ll gladly be in touch.
All submissions are sent to